Dec 18, 2014

sophisticated 12 year old

Whaddup, radical dudes?
I'm going through this weird phase where I want to be sophisticated, but a 12 year old at the same time. Now, I don't find anything wrong with this, it's just a bit frustrating. All I know I am frustrated with my wardrobe, and I'm aching for new clothing and just all around change. The only reason why I haven't achieved this new wardrobe or whatever is mainly due to money. It's not even that I'm sick of my entire wardrobe! I'm not even sure what I'm tired of anymore. The only thing I am sure of is that I need change or I'm going to explode. On the bright side, I'm beginning to learn how to drive and on top of that I got the job at Langford Market! So although it is taking it's gosh darn time, change is coming and I feel like it's finally for the best.
DIY pompom crown
vintage sweater
old pantyhose
Forever21 booties
~A slew of vibes I've been feeling lately (from my tumblr archive)~
So who is excited for the holidays??? This has always been my favorite time of year ever since I can remember. The cold weather that makes you want to cuddle my dog every waking hour (even though it's been almost 80 degrees this month...), the hot chocolate, the ridiculous holiday tv movies, and oh my gosh I could literally go on forever! The only thing I really wish was that there was at least one holiday party I was invited to. This is mainly because I want an excuse to dress up in a glamorous get-up and sip bubbly champagne while listening to catchy Christmas jingles. 

What's y'alls favorite part about the holidays? Feel free to leave a comment below!

13 comments:

  1. Do you ever just look at your own Tumblr archives and think "Damn, I'm awesome!"? Because you really should.

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I totally do sometimes! But it's more like, "Damn, I like some cool as heck things!"

      Delete
  2. ^ The stuff you like, and what you fangirl over isn't purely about the fandom. It is almost entirely a reflection of you Tessa so yes, you are totally awesome (never try to deny it).

    I like and understand what you mean by the sophisticated 12 year old/ adult thing. It's both simple and understated and yet also tacky with accessories and stuff? I love it. It's what it feels like to be either side of age 15 and 16. I really love that headband, I kinda want you to make me one (I'd buy it of course). and your room. My god it's amazing

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geez, you are totally right about the fandom thing.

      Yeah tacky and simple at the same time! I don't even know what I want anymore, but I know I will find it cuz I always do. Also, I would love to make you a headband!! Shoot me an email and we can figure out what colors and stuff you want ;-)

      Delete
  3. your new hair looks killer with flower/pompom crowns! and I'm sooo happy it's the holiday season, ahh what a season, my favourite season :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Isn't the holiday season the best?!?!

      Delete
  4. I love the pompom crown! It's so amazing :)
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh I feel you though. I keep thinking that I want to look "grown up" and sophisticated and the next day I´m like yayy I think I should dye my hair purple and wear cat ears more often! :D xx

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I don't see why we can't do both, but it is still frustrating!

      Delete
  6. I love that orange dress in the back of these photos! It is actually perfection! Have you talked about it before? Where is it from? I need it in my life!
    I love your pom-pom crown too!
    Bronia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I haven't mentioned it yet. I got it at Buffalo Exchange in Austin

      Delete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡