Dec 24, 2014

a very sunny christmas (eve)

Happy Holidays, everyone!
And Merry Christmas Eve to the people who celebrate it! This holiday season has been pretty odd compared to others in the past for me this year. It's not really that cold outside (but it's nice), I'm not going to a huge shindig with all my family on Christmas day, and I don't know... it just doesn't feel like Christmas. I was talking to my sister about this, and she pointed out that we said the same thing last year. Maybe as I get older, the holidays aren't as blissful as they were for me as a kid. I don't love Christmas any less, but now that I'm working and trying my absolute hardest to save money and everything I guess I have less time to truly enjoy this season. I keep hoping it's going to snow on Christmas and everything will feel right and happy, but I know it's super unlikely since we haven't even had our first freeze yet. It's all good though!
All vintage/borrowed outfit
 I've been spending most of my free time watching Christmas specials. Until this year I didn't realize how many specials I love to watch! Some of my must-watch favs are:

-Pee Wee's Christmas Special
-"A Very Sunny Christmas" (It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia S.6 E.13)
-"Can't Fix Crazy" (Orange Is the New Black S.1 E.13)
-A Nightmare Before Christmas
-Elf
-Batman Begins
-Love Actually
-Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas

What's you babes' favorite holiday films? Or do you have any weird family traditions?

12 comments:

  1. gorgeous dress, love this outfit!

    HAPPY XMAS!!!
    http://rosalindis.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your boots, I'd never think of wearing light boots with black tights like that but it looks so good. I'm really just not feeling Christmas this year, I don't know why, I feel like it's kind of getting in the way more than anything which is a shame but I'm trying not to be a total Grinch about it. It's just a shame as I normally love the holidays. I love Elf, I also love The Snowman and the Rankin-Bass version of The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus (creepy stop motions great)
    I hope you have a lovely Christmas day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Faye! It's Christmas right now, and I still don't feel very Christmas-y at all... it's so weird! I loooove stop motion xmas specials, too. I can't believe I forgot to put them on my list!

      Delete
  3. this outfit is super cute! I love the xmas episode of it's always sunny, definitely one of my favorite shows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Xmas special of it's always sunny is by far the best. :-)

      Delete
  4. I feel the same lack of Christmas spirit, I didn't even get the tree out but maybe when I move out and have my own place things will be different? I can only hope. But watching Christmassy things on TV or just movies with lots of snow. I watched Groundhog Day with my boyfriend the other day and even though it's the wrong time of year it still kind of felt in the holiday spirit

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about my own place. Then I can throw my own parties and spend the holidays with friends.

      Delete
  5. Love the dress and your cat bag is everything. <3 Merry Christmas!

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cat bag and those fab white boots - they remind me of Molly Ringwald in Pretty in Pink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much. Ahhh that means so much, because she is one of my all time favs!

    ReplyDelete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡