Sep 5, 2014

hot stuff

From sequin trousers, to cherry prints, to knee high socks, to faux fur: Betsey Johnson's ready to wear collection is everything I've ever wanted. I'm also just sitting in bed dreaming of being at NYFW... I can't wait for the year I get to go (which will probably be awhile because $$$$$ but it will be sooo worth it). Betsey's vibrant ready to wear collection makes me feel like my wardrobe is lacking color, and I'm craving some new vintage dresses- which happens every season for me, but still. In a way, it makes me really sad, because it's been so hot I haven't been able to wear any of my fav pieces. Luckily it's only been 95 degrees this week (the past two have been over 100), but still. I'm just ready to wear layers!!! Everyone keeps talking/blogging about all their fall fashion, and I'm just here like wearing crop tops and bike shorts trying not to drown in my own sweat. 

If anyone is wondering, I've been enjoying college so far! It's a really weird and difficult adjustment, but it's all good. It's the first time I've ever had a sense of community, and everyone is so considerate (for the most part), which is something I am not used to at all. I also had auditions for a few shows last week! I got call backs to three (I didn't get cast in any, BUT STILL!) great shows (Midsummer Night's Dream, Behanding in Spokane, and On the 5:31), so that's really cool~ Unlike most freshman I signed up for more classes that has to do with my major- costume design. Besides english and intro to fine arts, I have all theatre/design courses! I've also been invited to a bunch of parties, but I always happen to have a date with Leslie Knope and gluten free PB&J's instead...
That's it with me! I promise to take more photos when it isn't so hot outside! How have you cool cats been? Any weird/fun back to school occurrences? Feel free to leave a comment below to tell me all about it!

4 comments:

  1. your subjects sound really good, I'm sure you'll have a blast! Maybe that sense of community you have comes from everyone being in the same boat? Anyway, I'm glad your enjoying college so far, albeit in a sea of sweat due to hot weather.
    ps. that Betsey Johnson collection looks like the bomb <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love a majority of my classes this semester! Especially because the homework is actually enjoyable for the most part. And I didn't think about that students in my community were in the same boat as me, but you are probably right on the money with that :P

      Delete
  2. I love how the outfits are all so Cluless meets Candyland/ Vivienne Westwood. I'm a long time fan of Betsey and i love this collection! Good luck w/ school! School is going okay for me. Its comfortably unsettling? lol that makes no sense... I really like my Acting, English, Poetry, and Sociology classes. I just joined a half chorus half community service club and tomorrow we are making sandwiches for charity. I'm really excited to do that at the moment lol. Wish you the best. Sending you positive vibes :)

    styleriottt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a perfect description of her collection! Comfortably unsettling is the perfect way to describe how college feels omg. School sounds like it's going well for you and I wish you the best! <3 Thanks girl <3

      Delete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡