May 12, 2014

fashion suicide

 
 
In case some of you didn't know this, Sephora is the most magical place on Earth. It has made me fall in love with the NYX brand (especially all of their glitter products), Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume, and most importantly- appreciate lip stain. For as long as I can remember I have been dying for the perfect red lipstick that actually stays on. Low and behold: Always Red Cream Lip Stain by Sephora. I am still in shock how well this stuff stays on! The other day I put it on at 6AM and I only had to reapply it 3 or 4 times throughout the day (all the way until 10PM). It's a little more than I usually pay for lip stuff, but at $13 it is totally worth it. 
 ♥ DIY flower crown ♥ vintage necklace ♥ Betsey Johnson dress ♥ Forever21 belt ♥ Urban Outfitters bracelet  gifted wallet ♥ Croc sandals 
~late~ Mother's day pic
 I couldn't escape my senior year without attending prom! I knew for sure I didn't want to go to mine (one of my friend's asked me today and I felt so bad saying no...but like, no), and I was lucky enough that L.M. Strange invited me to hers. It was a very surreal night overall. I ended up not dancing at all, but I spent my time eating all the food and drinking all the coffee whilst chilling with some buds. Prom isn't anything like John Hughes makes it out to be, but I'm glad I went~
 As you might have noticed, my blog title is a little "WHOA DUDE." I always struggle with names for posts, but I actually came up with this one immediately, so I decided to stick with it. The backstory behind the title, is my adorable, new sandals. Yes, on the surface they are super fun and colorful, but I hold a dark secret below the soles of my feet. I say this, because my sandals are really DUN DUN DUNNN Crocs. I know what you're thinking, and I can't believe it either! These are actually the comfiest shoes I have ever purchased, and are just super perfect. (10/10 do recommend)
♪Little Girls, Little Girls, everywhere I turn I can see them♪
This evening was my last high school theatre banquet. Our theme was musical and you are required to dress up- so I went for the good ol' Miss Hannigan from Annie. (I conveniently had all these pieces) The banquet itself was really great in retrospect. It made me remember all of my good and bad moments with this company. We gave cute, little awards to everyone who was involved with the three shows this year, and then the seniors made their goodbye speeches. The most surprising moment was when my director was awarding "All Star Senior." I didn't expect it AT ALL, but she ended up calling my name and I am truly honored she picked me out of all the amazing seniors we have! This was one of those things, that makes me want to miss high school, but I know I am bound for bigger and better things!!! 

Speaking of ready to leave, I HAVE TWO WEEKS LEFT OF HIGH SCHOOL!?!? Crazy, I know, but I have been waiting for this moment since I walked into the doors of high school. I have a feeling these two weeks will go by really slow since I'm counting down, and it's leaving me in a weird, limbo-ish state. I'm honestly not sure how to describe it, so I made a playlist expounding my emotions.


How many weeks of school do YOU have left?? Are you as excited as I am?!

13 comments:

  1. i have this week left! and then i'm out and im so nervous about it!! but as soon as im out im going to move to austin texas to be with my mom so it's not all bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so exciting! I'm going to Austin next week for one last theatre hoorah.

      Delete
  2. I really like the photo on the right of you and your friend at her prom. It makes me think of conjoined twin mermaids that spend all day in their pink room lounging on pink couches eating pink cupcakes. Also wow, your shoes are the only Crocs that I've ever seen that actually look cute, mainly because they don't really look like crocs I suppose? They remind me of a pair of sandals that I had when I was little. Enjoy your last weeks of high school :) I really didn't enjoy high school at the time, but I still think about it a lot, so make the last bits of it super fun!

    Glitterous Clitoris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My sandals remind me of kids shoes as well. :-) Luckily the last two weeks are fairly easy, so it's moderately fun, haha!

      Delete
  3. your blog is the best in the whole Internet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 3 weeks left in my correspondence school left (I'm homeschooled). And two more years in high school (wailing). Your so lucky to be in your last two weeks of senior year! I am so jelly.
    http://criticallycouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh geez, it'll be over and done with before you know it!

      Delete
  5. I love the outfits, especially the one you wore to prom, so Andie. Hearing everyone talk about the end of highschool makes me feel weird, because I still have a year to go. Honestly, I feel like it should have ended for me this year, but instead I'm stuck. Oh well, at least the weather's nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sonja! That's what I was going for, tbh (Andie has been my fashion idol since forever). Aw man, at least you only have one year left, and as long as you keep busy it'll go by super fast! Haha, the weather is really nice right now in Texas as well!

      Delete
  6. your prom pics look so good- I got serious Pretty in Pink vibes. plus thanks for the lip stain tip- love it when girls share their beauty secrets over the internet <3

    I remember doing Annie when I was in high school- it was kind of fun but literally so stressful and the dog handler (we had a real dog) was so horrid to me when I had a panic attack before a show she publicly shamed me >_>
    You look like a cool Ms Hannigan though :)

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Adele! I love when people share their make-up tips, too. :-)

      I'm sorry to hear about your bad Annie experience, and I wish it would've been better for you! But thank u again!!!

      Delete
  7. wow wow wow that outfit is so beyond perfect! Like the dress and your makeup urrghh, I've been digging glittery makeup so much lately! You also make a fabulous Ms. Hannigan! x

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡