Dec 18, 2013

funnel of love

I'm sitting in French class right now, but guess who doesn't have to take an 85 question test??? That's right me! Above are some A+ selfies of how I feel at school today- sitting here doing nothing but ramble on here. Anyways I'm really anxious for Pop Shop this Saturday (and scared because there's a 50% chance of rain AHHHH!!!), and I'm just hoping it goes well. I'm sure it will, but I always seem to fear the worst when it comes to my business. I just want the things that make me happy (aka everything I sell) to make others happy. My dad and I also made my shop sign and we're almost done, annnnd it looks amazing.You guys, it's almost Christmas. It's hard to believe because it's not that cold in Texas right now (about 60 degrees F). Another reason is because I've been occupied with school, blah blah blah- You guys already know. Speaking of Christmas I realized there weren't too many things I really wanted. I made a small wishlist for my parents and friends and this is most of the things I asked for:
skirt: Forever21, shoes: Urban Outfitters, jacket: Forever21, Hunx & His Punx LPs: 1, 2, Bill Murray pillow: Etsy, sweater: Forever21, iphone case: Amazon, headwrap: Forever21

I've watched a lot of movies in the past week. Hamlet (two different versions), Shag, Wishful Thinking, Frozen, But I'm a Cheerleader, Guildenstern and Rosencrantz Are Dead and that's just to name a few.  My two favorite ones was Shag and But I'm a Cheerleader. The two movies were visually stunning and had an amazing plot. Shag was about some southern girls in the 1960's going on a wild weekend while doing the Shag (a dance). It was one of those films that came out in the nineties so it was super pastel and ugh, it was just perfect! But I'm a Cheerleader is a satire about hetero/homo/transsexuals, and I can't even describe how great it is. There were some parts where I was like, "WOAH," but all and all a very amazing film (and also visually perfect- THE DAISY BATHROOM GUYS). I really loved all of the color symbolize and the mocking of gender roles. All and all I saw some A+ films.
~Current Vibes~
Dario Robleto, I’ve Kissed Your Mother Twice and Now I’m Working On Your Dad, 1998. (Cast of an antique lipstick holder made with melted vinyl records (David Bowie’s “Rock n’ Roll Suicide”, The New York Doll’s “Trash” and The Sex Pistol’s “God Save the Queen”antique lipstick containers, stolen cheap lipstickand lip liner, spray paint.)Avon Cosmetics 1962, unknown from tumblr, possibly Jane Asher (not 100% sure), Minna Gilligan, Anna Karina in Une Femme Est Une Femme, Lana Del Rey, Stephen Shore, Maddy by Arden Wray, John Waters, 1950s prom, and David Hamilton 1969


rESTLESS from themadmod on 8tracks Radio.
And last but not least, a playlist of current music I've been listening to. It's sort of a hoopla array of a bunch of stuff, but whatever forever~ 

3 comments:

  1. ugh your moodboards and vibes posts are the bestest <3
    we had to watch Hamlet by Kenneth Branagh and Guildenstern and Rosencrantz Are Dead for literature class too ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. tooo coool!

    http://ameliaearth777.livejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your references are so inspiring! Thanks for sharing such iconic things. Pop culture at its best! You're beyond cool, really :) x

    ReplyDelete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡